Junior Program News
- DECEMBER NEWSLETTERPROGRAM NEWS It has been a record breaking month in attendance (even compared to pre-Covid times)! With that […]
- NOVEMBER NEWSLETTERPROGRAM NEWS Just over a month since we started to “Return to Play” and certainly very excited to […]
- HAPPENING NOW: 2021 JUNIOR CANADIAN SQUASH CHAMPIONSHIPS & MOREWanted to share with you that as your read this email, the 2021 Junior Canadian Championships its on its way. […]
- 2021 Canadian Junior ChampionshipsNext weekend, starting Thursday October 21st, the very prestige Canadian Junior Championship will be taking […]
- World Squash DayWorld Squash Day was born in the USA to honour the memory of the large number of squash players who lost […]
About the Program
This program is designed to introduce the game of Squash to children between 4 and 17 years old as well as further develop High Performance players.
This program would introduce them to a wonderful sport that provides health and fitness benefits along with a greater sense of self accomplishments, competitive spirit, discipline and pride.
Learn to play squash, improve your game and have fun ! The Junior Program will include techniques, tactics, footwork, basics of being a referee, conditioned games and fun match play.
Squash also provides an alternative athletic experience for students who are not involved in team sports, or who may desire to develop other athletic skills in addition to those offered by hockey, football, soccer, basketball, etc. Squash also has a proven track record as an excellent sport for students who enjoy individual competition.
You can have your kid(s) try it out for free the first time (You don’t have to be a member of the club to join the Junior Squash Program).
We have racquets and goggles (eye protection) in case you don’t have any. Just need to bring non-marking indoor shoes and lots of energy!
Cell: 289-278-0080 – (feel free to leave me a voicemail if I can’t answer your call)
Club’s Number: 905-884-6062
Club’s Manager email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Richmond Hill Squash Club
377 Ohio Road
Richmond Hill, ON L4C 3A1
Kids in Action
– Matches will be played during the Junior Program hours (normally towards the end of the hour).
– Players can CHALLENGE another player on the same level or 1 level above.
– Players can on only play ONE Challenge match on any given day.
– Players will play ONE game to 11 pts. Point a rally and win by difference of 2 points.
– If the lower-placed player wins the match, then the two players swap places on the ladder, otherwise no change in the order.
– A player can not challenge the same person again without challenging someone else.
– Will encourage those not playing the Challenge, to learn and help keep score.
– If some one doesn’t play a single challenge within a month, they will be removed from the ladder until they express they want back in.
– New Players will be allowed to join the ladder at anytime and will placed in a Level at the discretion of the Coaches
– The Junior Ladder will run at NO additional cost. However, you must be in good standing and players must be currently participating in the RHSC Junior Program in either Elite, Advanced or Intermediate Levels.