Dear Parents & Students,
In this newsletter you will find:
- Program News
- Tournament & Other News
- Bday celebrations
- December Schedule
- COVID-19 Protocol
It has come to an end this Year’s Junior Clinics and hoping to see you in January on Wed 5th. Can’t be more grateful of the opportunity to returning to play this year and what had accomplish GREAT things in only 3 months. Thank you !!
When we come back in the New Year, I am very happy to announce that Rudy Goodridge will be joining us again. Rudy started with the Junior Program back in 2019 and he is ready to come back in 2022. Rudy has an extensive and impressive squash career, with most of it helping develop juniors into this amazing game. Amongst some of his accomplishments: 8 times Barbados national champion, 2 times southern Caribbean champion, 3 times Caribbean over 40 champion, Coach of Barbados team commonwealth games 1998 and inductee in the Barbados Hall of Fame.
Please join me to welcoming him back in the New Year !
Now, want to continue by giving a very warm welcome to the new players that joined the program this last month:
- Vihaan M
- Leah A
- Check the website for latest information and Schedule https://squashcoach.ca/rhsc-junior-squash-program/
- Please bring NON-Marking Indoor Shoes. I cant emphasize enough on this. Kids will NOT be allowed on court with marking shoes. Let me know if you have questions.
- Please we ask that shoes used for squash are not used outside the squash court. This is to avoid that shoes bring all the dirt from outside (and soon salt ☹) into the squash courts.
- Tell a Friend about our program and have them try it.
- Follow us in Instagram and Twitter too, for news of our program and other cool stories from the Squash worlds
Below all the tournaments and participants from our Junior Squash Program…
Ontario Junior Closed Championships (Mayfair Lakeshore – Toronto)
- Charlotte G. – GU15 – 3rd Place – CONGRATS !!!
- Zoe C. – GU15 – 6th Place – Awesome !
Charlotte G. (left) – Bronze medalist.
Harrow Silver #4 (St. Andrew’s College – Aurora)
- Aiden H. – BU13 – 1st Place – CONGRATS!!!
- Krish D. – BU15 – 1st Place – CONGRATS!!!
- Caleb C. – BU17/19
- Dilan P. – BU17-19
Krish D. (Right) GOLD Medalist !!
Harrow Grand Prix #3 (Dunfield Club – Toronto)
- Nathan M. – BU15 – 4th Place – Awesome!
- Krish D. – BU15 – 1st Place – CONGRATS!!!
- Marcus L – BU15
2021 Canadian Junior Open (White Oaks – Niagara on the Lake)
- Kent R. – BU13 2nd Place – AMAZING!!!
- Zoe C. – GU15
- Charlotte G. – GU15 3rd Place – AMAZING !!!
- Keira R. – GU17
Kent R. (Left) in the FINAL’s match
Charlotte G. (Left) in her Semi-finals match
Congratulations to all and Good Luck in the upcoming events.
Upcoming Tournaments. Don’t forget to sign up early. Let me know if you have any questions:
DECEMBER’s BDAYS !!
Our best wishes to all of you guys on your BDAY Month. HAPPY BDAY!!!!
Calendar now posted on the website
Please note that if all is well with Ontario Restrictions, we will be returning on Wed January 5th. All of those parents that purchased the “time based” package, we will be extending it for those 2 weeks. If you plan to take additional time off, let me know and will be able to extend it as well. Depending on the package, you can extend for additional time off up to 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL (as of Oct 24th )
WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO THE CLUB:
- Enter the club as you would normally do.
- You MUST sign attestation from at the entrance of the Club EVERY time you go the club.
- You MUST fill and sign 2 forms: RISK ACCEPTANCE and COVID-19 Waiver (only need to do this once).
- MUST show Proof of Vaccination (either a printed copy or digital copy – need to do this once).
DURING JUNIOR CLINIC:
- MUST be wearing a Mask when not inside the court (players and parents).
- SANITIZE hands each time before entering, and after leaving, the court.
- To non-members of the club: once your kid’s session ends we ask you to leave the premises. Unfortunately you cant stay at the club.
PROOF OF VACCINATION (as of Oct 1st )
In accordance with York Region Public Health and Dr. Karim Kurji’s Letter of Instruction, effective Friday, October 1, all individuals aged 12 years and older entering an indoor Facility for the purpose of (a) actively participating in organized sports, (b) coaching, officiating at organized sports or volunteering, or (c) spectating at organized sports, will be asked o provide identification and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or a valid medical exemption.
On behalf of all the RHSC Junior Squash Team.. thank you for your support and passion for this amazing sport.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS & HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! Our best wishes !