It has been a record breaking month in attendance (even compared to pre-Covid times)! With that been said, we are looking to quickly adapt to continue having high quality learning, engagement and fun. We have now 3 courts available for the program and we are working on having a 3rd coach. More to come. Thank you !!
Also, as many of you already know, I will not be around between Nov 22nd and Dec 3rd. I have the great pleasure of volunteering for the 1st Youth Panam Games in Colombia (helping with the Squash programing as the International Technical Director). Some of the best Under 23 players in the continent will be attending and hope to come back with some great stories. I will do my best to share as much as possible of this amazing event thru the Instagram account: @squashcoach.ca
More information of the event can be found on their website: https://www.calivalle2021.com/en/home/ and there is also an app you can download and keep track of your favorite sports and countries.
While I am away, I will have limited access to email and phone, but will do my best in responding to your inquiries as promptly as possible.
Now, want to continue by giving a very warm welcome to the new players that joined the program this last month:
- Stephen Y
- Nathan C
- Miya Q
- Krish D
- Adriana L
- Jonah A
- Luke A
- SJ A
- Check the website for latest information and Schedule https://squashcoach.ca/rhsc-junior-squash-program/
- Please bring NON-Marking Indoor Shoes. I cant emphasize enough on this. Kids will NOT be allowed on court with marking shoes. Let me know if you have questions.
- Please we ask that shoes used for squash are not used outside the squash court. This is to avoid that shoes bring all the dirt from outside (and soon salt ☹) into the squash courts.
- Tell a Friend about our program and have them try it.
- Follow us in Instagram and Twitter too, for news of our program and other cool stories from the Squash worlds
Below all the tournaments and participants from our Junior Squash Program…
Harrow Junior Silver #3 (White Oaks – Niagara-on-the-Lake)
- Aidan H. – BU13 – 2nd Place – CONGRATS !!!
Harrow Grand Prix #2 (Dunfield – Squashabout)
- Krish D. – BU15 – 1st Place – CONGRATS!!!
- Daniel W. – BU13
Congratulations to all and Good Luck in the upcoming events.
(Please let me know of any omissions or errors on the results)
NOVEMBER’s BDAYS !!
Our best wishes to all of you guys on your BDAY Month. HAPPY BDAY!!!!
Please note that the last day of Junior Clinics will be Saturday December 18th and will be returning on Wed January 5th. All of those parents that purchased the “time based” package, we will be extending it for those 2 weeks. If you plan to take additional time off, let me know and will be able to extend it as well. Depending on the package, you can extend for additional time off up to 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 4 weeks.
COVID-19 PROTOCOL (as of Oct 24th )
WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO THE CLUB:
- Enter the club as you would normally do.
- You MUST sign attestation from at the entrance of the Club EVERY time you go the club.
- You MUST fill and sign 2 forms: RISK ACCEPTANCE and COVID-19 Waiver (only need to do this once).
- MUST show Proof of Vaccination (either a printed copy or digital copy – need to do this once).
DURING JUNIOR CLINIC:
- MUST be wearing a Mask when not inside the court (players and parents).
- SANITIZE hands each time before entering, and after leaving, the court.
- To non-members of the club: once your kid’s session ends we ask you to leave the premises. Unfortunately you cant stay at the club.
PROOF OF VACCINATION (as of Oct 1st )
In accordance with York Region Public Health and Dr. Karim Kurji’s Letter of Instruction, effective Friday, October 1, all individuals aged 12 years and older entering an indoor Facility for the purpose of (a) actively participating in organized sports, (b) coaching, officiating at organized sports or volunteering, or (c) spectating at organized sports, will be asked o provide identification and proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or a valid medical exemption.
On behalf of all the RHSC Junior Squash Team.. thank you for your support and passion for this amazing sport.
See you guys soon at the club..